We operate community centres at Katikati, Athenree, Omokoroa (greenwaste only) and Te Puke.
You can take the following clean and empty recyclables to our centres free of charge. Please remove lids and rinse containers.
- Flattened corrugated cardboard
- Paper including light card, magazines, newspapers and egg cartons
- Steel and aerosol cans
- Aluminium cans
- Colour-sorted glass bottles and jars only - no broken windows, drinking glasses or ceramics
- Clear plastic drink bottles (up to 4 litres)
- Anchor lightproof and Meadow Fresh milk and cream bottles
- Clear milk and cream bottles
- Fluorescent light tubes and bulbs
- Batteries - all kinds e.g. vehicle and dry cell
- Used motor oil
- Identifiable hazardous waste (up to 30 litres or 30 kg). Please note: Conditions apply. These can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Greenwaste (fees apply - see below). Greenwaste stem diameter must be no thicker than 100mm and the length no longer than three metres. Please note: Eftpos payments only, no cash transactions until further notice.
Items NOT accepted
- Scrap metal including whiteware – take to a metal recycler
- Coloured plastics (green, dark blue and brown)
- Janitorial plastics (shampoo, bleach etc)
- Tetra packs (e.g. soy milk, juice boxes)
- Meat trays, plastic punnets, cake trays etc.
- Yoghurt pots, margarine tubs, ice cream containers
- Window glass, mirror glass
- Cookware, Pyrex and drinking glasses
- Medical waste
- Building waste
- Electronic and electric items
- Household rubbish and nappies
- Cooking oil and plastic drums
- All centres accept greenwaste, however they do not accept flax, pampas, bamboo, gorse or palms. (These are treated as normal refuse and not accepted at the recycling centres).
'Number 1' (soft drink bottles) and 'Number 2' (milk bottle) type plastics are accepted. You can check the recycling symbol on the bottom of the container for the number.
Please remove lids and rinse containers.
Only glass bottles and jars that have contained a food or beverage are accepted.
All centres accept greenwaste, however they do not accept flax, pampas, bamboo, gorse or palms. (These are treated as normal refuse and not accepted at the recycling centres)
Greenwaste stem diameter must be no thicker than 100mm and the length no longer than three metres.
Eftpos is available
Katikati: Corner Tetley/Wills Road
Thursday: 9am - 4 pm
Saturday: 9am - 4 pm
Sunday: 9 am - 12 noon
GREENWASTE FEES & other information please see the website www.westernbay.govt.nz
Katikati Recycling Centre
corner of Tetley/Wills Road
Ph. 07 571 8008