All scheduled cycles are Ready to ride at 9.00 am unless otherwise specified.
4th May Golden Valley. Meet at the Waihi Rugby Grounds, ready to ride at 9.00am Kenny Street Waihi. (with leader Keith Howie 07 863 4414)
11 May Waihi Railway Station to Tunnel and return (leader Rose Cook )
18 May Papamoa Trails with Lex Spencer. Meet on the grassy area near the Papamoa Library ready to ride at 10.00am.
- May Two nights away in Thames. Indicative programme. Cycle from Paeroa to Thames. Next day take a shuttle to Waitakaruru, cycle from Waitak to Miranda, lunch at the Miranda pub, cycle back to Waitak and shuttle back to Thames. Possibility of opportunity to ride back to Thames from Pipiroa over the bridge. Cycle back to Paeroa on 26th. Own accommodation. Ride leaders appointed on the day.
- More info for the Thames ride will come in the next few weeks. The best way to find out about how this trip works is to ask around ‘veterans’ of past Thames overnight stays. Meanwhile to answer some questions:
- Secure Overnight storage for cars will be organised with the Paeroa RV centre. (Usually around $5 per night, cash)
- Ready to ride at 10.00am
- Morning tea at the Matatoki Cheese factory
- Everyone on the cycle arranges their own accommodation. We have mostly stayed at the Junction Hotel. Evening meals have been arranged for all the group at the Junction (who can provide secure overnight cycle storage). The Junction has a kitchenette (fridge, crockery and cutlery, toaster and tea making but no cooking facilities) Some cyclists elect to make their own breakfast at the hotel, others choose to find a local café.