These are the issues that I see facing Katikati/Waihi Beach Ratepayers in 2016: Congested and dangerous main roads; Rates that are still too high; increasing pressure on community services from a rapidly growing population.
What do I offer?
- Business acumen, with many years of experience in senior management and governance roles.
- Energy and the skills needed to quickly “get to the heart of the matter” identifying issues and getting action.
- Intelligence and the ability to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Ongoing community involvement, with current commitments to RSA, Red Cross, Rotary, ACL Kiwifruit Growers Trust, Katikati Community Board, Envirohub BOP.
- Enthusiasm and communication skills, keen to listen, able to speak; competently, anywhere, any time.
Who am I? Peter Mackay, Councillor, orchardist, farmer, retired company director, team player: Helping out in the district for 18 years and keen to continue.